Parking light staying on

Truebird sc

I have a 90 sc I purchased from an original owner and the car parking lights don’t turn off . Even with the car off they still stay on killing the battery . Anyone ever had any issues like this ?

I would start with the headlight switch move it gently in and out and see if you get flickering lights could be the contacts inside are bad and I'd imagine that it wouldn't be expensive or difficult to change just so you know the key on or off won't change if the lights turn on or off (maybe if you have the auto lights but otherwise no)

Did that no flicker nothing they just stay on . I guess I’ll try swapping the witch out and see if that’s it .

Or just unplug the switch & see if they turn off.

Does it have a aftermarket alarm or remote start?
Sometimes they are spliced into the parking light circuit
to flash during activation/deactivation.

Good call Doug I would do what he said unplug and see if that turns them off if so you know something in the switch is maintaining the circuit

Figured out the problem. Previous owner had some undercarriage lights on the car and they wired it to 10amp fuse . I took the wire out and reinstall the fuse . Good to go . Not sure if it was grounding the switch

Thanks for the update. Always frustrating working on 30 year old stuff that has been through multiple owners &/or mechanics & having
no idea what they've touched.

Yeah mines been a ton of wtf did they do this for moments I'm quite certain 2 lab monkeys worked on mine before I got it

Back