I used to patch a hole I put in my windshield cowl. It worked ok, but is still visible. For the clips on the back, I would think that it would work great....I'm disappointed that I didn't think of trying this on those mounting tabs that are out of sight. I'd put is on thick and then file it down.
They have a few plastic welders, but nothing that utilizes the staples as in the Eastwood kit.
I ended up using a combination of crazy glue, JB Weld plastic putty, and JB Weld two part plastic epoxy. The mounting tabs for the defroster switch broke apart into pieces (where the screws hold the switch onto the back of the panel), and the repair actually turned out quite good! This was on my 94.