Register NOW for the 2022 Carlisle All Ford Nationals - 10% discount

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
If you haven't already registered for the Carlisle All Ford Nationals show, do it now! Register before 4/19/2022 and your window sticker comes in the mail AND you get 10%!

Please register under the Super Coupe Club of America as well; if we get 25 cars registered (Online or on-site), we get a free tent next year.

Event is June 3-5 this year.

Made hotel reservations this morning (filling up fast) and will be registering the 90 SC this afternoon. Anyone know the rules at the hotel for trailer parking?

Made hotel reservations this morning (filling up fast) and will be registering the 90 SC this afternoon. Anyone know the rules at the hotel for trailer parking?
The hotel parking lot isn't designed for a trailer at all. I trailered mine last year (probably will this year also). I purchased a trailer pass at the show and parked my trailer near the show field RV camp ground area.

Uhaul rental ...no lock...no one stole it or gave it 2 looks thankfully.

-Tim

Your restoration work is top notch, looking forward to seeing it in person. When I repainted my 95 I also ditched the factory pearl white because of the tan/brown hue.

Really nice job!

-Tim
Thanks. I'm definitely looking forward to it and seeing everybody else's cars.

When I spoke to the folks at the hotel they told me they didn't have any rules against trailers, but you are right - the parking area isn't designed for an 18 foot trailer hooked to a crew cab F250. I would have to push my luck on finding a spot. I'm not wild about parking my truck and trailer over at the show field lot down the street for the reason you alluded to - theft. I'm also not thrilled about driving the SC several hundred miles on an interstate. Not sure what I'll do at this point. I may try to find a spot nearby the hotel where I can park the truck/trailer.

When I spoke to the folks at the hotel they told me they didn't have any rules against trailers, but you are right - the parking area isn't designed for an 18 foot trailer hooked to a crew cab F250. I would have to push my luck on finding a spot. I'm not wild about parking my truck and trailer over at the show field lot down the street for the reason you alluded to - theft. I'm also not thrilled about driving the SC several hundred miles on an interstate. Not sure what I'll do at this point. I may try to find a spot nearby the hotel where I can park the truck/trailer.
I understand where you're coming from. My only concern with theft was for the hitch ball lock deal from uhaul didn't work nor did the locking mechanism for the ball allow a lock so...my trailer was just hanging out where anyone could have hooked up and rode into the sunset.

A bit unsettling but then realized I dropped $8 for that uhaul insurance to cover such mishaps...and well if you think about it there's so many 6 figure cars at this event ...they're certainly a larger target than a trailer. Boils down to if someone wants it bad enough it won't matter where it's located IMO. Also the show grounds and camp grounds have security guards if memory serves me, so they're likely "safer" than anywhere else for that matter.

As mentioned ill be doing it again this year.

-Tim

Made it without the car blowing up or falling apart
Was nice meeting you briefly at Carlisle this year ...your 30th Anniversary is by far the cleanest example I've ever seen.

Do you have a write up on how you did your dual DIN install. Absolutely beautiful work!

-Tim

Good meeting you 97 30th. Car looked excelllent even tho the carlisle gods didnt think so.:mad:
You as well. I got kinda screwed on Sat. They didn't have enough spaces in the row so I had to park on the Marauder side, I think that probably hurt me getting votes. or maybe everybody thought the car was crap ;)

Was nice meeting you briefly at Carlisle this year ...your 30th Anniversary is by far the cleanest example I've ever seen.

Do you have a write up on how you did your dual DIN install. Absolutely beautiful work!

-Tim
Thanks. I don't have any official write up. I do have a couple pics. I got some .375" thick abs for the fillers and made glue out of acetone and abs shavings ( there's some info on line on making that)

20220418_180905.jpg

20220414_163438.jpg

20220415_135346.jpg

20220420_174816.jpg20220420_174823.jpg20220420_185614.jpg20220517_180939.jpg

I also ended up adding an .125" spacer to the radio rack to bring the stereo out more flush with the panel.

Attachments

• 20220414_163524.jpg
    20220414_163524.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 0
Back