Running very rich

I have them in pictured order. But no I did not warm it up very much, would a number it shows on the code reader tell me to rev it? The order the code reader really gave me was 67,82, 10( couldn't find anything on it), 22, 66 ,58(same thing),98.

67 - Clutch Switch circuit failed (3.8L SC only)
82 - on your 89, there is a circuit that disables the supercharger boost when in reverse - might not be important at this time
...10 - Code 10 is the spacer code that the computer puts out just before it starts to dump the rest of the stored codes
22 - Manifold Absolute/Baro Pressure Sensor out of range
66 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor circuit out of range (low)
58 - Not sure 58 is a valid SC code
98 - Hard fault present

Quoting from the Internet:
DTC 98 in KOER Hard fault present; "...Failure Mode Effects Management (FMEM) FMEM is an alternate system strategy in the PCM designed to maintain vehicle operation should one or more sensor inputs fail. When a sensor input is perceived to be out-of-limits by the PCM, an alternative strategy will be initiated. The PCM will substitute a fixed in-limit sensor value and will continue to monitor the faulty sensor input. If the faulty sensor operates within limits, the PCM will return to the normal engine running strategy. Engine Running DTC 98 or 998 will be displayed when FMEM is in effect.

The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)/Message will remain on when FMEM is in effect. The MIL will come on while the engine is operating in Failure Mode Effects Management (FMEM) or Hardware Limited Operation Strategy (HLOS) modes. The light will stay on for at least 10 seconds, then stay on as long as the fault causing it is present. If the MIL flashes quickly (less than 10 seconds), the MIL circuit should be checked for concerns. Refer to «Quick Test». In FMEM mode, the PCM is receiving a sensor signal that is outside the limits set by the calibration strategy. In this mode, the PCM uses an alternate engine control strategy to maintain reasonable vehicle operation in spite of the fault. The DTC associated with this fault is stored in Keep Alive Memory (KAM). If the fault is no longer present, the light will turn off and the vehicle will return to the normal vehicle strategy. The DTC stored when the light was on is kept in Continuous Memory for the next 80 warm-up cycles (40 cycles on some applications) and then erased.

This Continuous Memory DTC can be accessed by running the Key On Engine Off Self-Test. It should have some code(s) come up that will help narrow this down. The engine temperature must be greater than 50° F for the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) Self-Test and greater than 180° F for the Key On Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test. Run it around to heat the engine up and shift thru all gears incl Reverse. Then turn off all accessories/lights, etc. Make sure A/C is off and transmission is in Park (automatic) or in Neutral for a Manual & release clutch. Do Key On Engine Off (KOEO) portion first.

-=-

Generally we work the first code read - a 67 might mean the correct process wasn't followed during code read. However, 67 is a 'C' , continuous memory code that was stored when the engine was running, so you may need to chase that circuit before going further.

Going thru the others 22 & 66 are also C codes, and I might ignore them until a proper test can be done, but...the hard fault means the engine is in 'limp' mode...the ECU throws it's hands up and falls back on stored values, letting you 'limp' the car to a dealer/repair shop.

I would take a look at the wiring for the MAF (and you might want to invest in a can of MAF cleaner), and Manifold pressure sensor, then consider swapping out the ECU. Keep in mind that when in limp mode it may take as many as three tries before the ECU guesses the firing order correctly, allow the engine to start.

I have always used 93 premium yes. Would it mean that the ecu/ecm is faulty and I would need a replacement?
not necessarily it could be other things sending wrong information to the ecu i'd start by looking at other sensors and wiring

For now, I would just look into the code 22 & 66. The other 2 shouldn't effect how it runs.

I think i read somewhere that Code 98 or hard fault can also mean a fault or code that has been present for along time? Maybe the 22,66,67 or 82 have been there for a extended period of time.

Got got a new/used maf and it didn't take the maf code away used a whole can of maf cleaner cleaning both mafs put the original maf on after cleaning and it went away for now, I also bought a new map sensor do I have to run a line from the nipple to somewhere? Also I put a new map sensor on and it took that code away but it didn't have a map sensor at all. Now the codes I got in order are
82(Supercharger By-pass Solenoid circuit failure)
11(system pass)
Is this where the supercharger bypass Solenoid plugs in? There was nothing plugged into this when messing with the MAP sensor.

That is the A/C clutch cycle switch connector. The accumulator, that is missing on your SC, has a cycle switch screwed on top.

Back