Salem, Oregon, 2020 Car Show

KMT

Went to a car show today, put on by me, held by me, organized by me, sponsored by me, ran by me, attended by me, I won all categories w/my Anny, including most miles driven to the event...zero.

The Anny had stiff competition for Best In Show, going up against my Windstar, which needs to be washed, but the SC w/3 coats of ceramic product pulled down 100% of that vote, so no problem.

The award I enjoyed most was 'Best Engine Bay All Dressed Up With No Where To Go'. Everyone that stuck their head in there said either oh, sweet! or ah, nice!

IMG_1160.jpeg

I called it the '1st. Annual 2020 Edition Only Car Show in Town and Meet'. Turnout was fantastic, even if I do say so myself, mostly because I was the only one that showed up. Was on the fence about attending, given the pandemic and all, but safety 3rd, so I made sure to wear a mask...distancing was a bit of an issue, tho, as every time I moved around, I followed myself closely, go figure.

I've already asked myself to hold another OCSiT&M again next year. We'll have to see how things go between now, and then...

Ken

Thanks Kurt - Pretty sure it was the filter sock that sealed the deal :rolleyes: Likely to be a tough act to follow next year.

Ken - Ill be dropping my engine in this weekend - maybe after I get the SC cleaned up I can come park next to you so I can get 2nd place.

I'm just up the road from ya in PDX.

~Psychic~

I'm just up the road from ya in PDX.
~Psychic~

Hey! We should get our cars together sometime. I drove my Anny up yesterday, and even tho it's taken me time to get 'er done, I have to say...a well sorted SC is a marvelous machine ;)

Let me know if you need help, etc. Mostly moral support from 40 miles south, but, you know. Maybe you can come down some time and check out my spares to see if there is something you're in need of, or maybe you're in better shape than I am ;)

Good luck w/the engine project.

Ken

Hey! We should get our cars together sometime. I drove my Anny up yesterday, and even tho it's taken me time to get 'er done, I have to say...a well sorted SC is a marvelous machine ;)

Let me know if you need help, etc. Mostly moral support from 40 miles south, but, you know. Maybe you can come down some time and check out my spares to see if there is something you're in need of, or maybe you're in better shape than I am ;)

Good luck w/the engine project.

Ken

Thanks for that, I will let you know when I do the break in drive. Just about another half day of wrenching left.

~Psychic~

With us experiencing the worst/most hazardous air quality on the planet right now, I hope you're indoors.

https://www.iqair.com/us/world-air-quality-ranking

Still super smokey here in PDX, maybe even worse this morning, and its not much better inside.

My son and I worked outside on the Supercoupe all weekend and got the engine finished. The filthy air made the last part of this repair a little unpleasant.

Couple details to tidy up - but runs good. Always a good feeling firing up an engine you've rebuilt and seeing oil pressure, no leaks and the fan comes on.

Will make a run down your way soon.

~Psychic~

Yep, still smoky, smells different, more acrid, I think.

Nice work getting it running again, sounds like you did a good job.

When I fired mine after doing the head gaskets it didn't want to idle and made strange noises. Suspected a bad vacuum leak on at least one of the intercooler tubes, so I kept going over them, with little improvement, and gave up for the day.

Came out the next morning and it fired right up, idled great, no noises. The IC tube joints eventually sealed up after coaxing, I guess. Been fine ever since.

If you come down, make sure the headlights work so you can find your way around during the day ;)

Ken

Back