SC / GTP Challange Race #1

F

forcfed93

We have been challanged by the IOWA Grand Prix club to a Match Race sometime this summer at the Tri-State Raceway in Earlville, Ia. (It's on Highway 20 in Eastern Iowa).

They are working on a date for this, so when I hear something I'll let you know and I'll post it on our club website.

So get all of your "mod's shopping" done early and STAY TUNED FOR MORE ............

Michael Albee - Prez
Super Coupe Club of Iowa
www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe

GTP Challenge

Does taking the sand bags out of the trunk count as a modification? - Dave:rollin:

Re: GTP Challenge

If you want it to ..... it does ;-)

After all, who are we to argue?

Hi there guys. I am the GTPer that brought up the idea of a grudge race between the blue oval and the arrow head. I am a former SC owner and now have gotten the GTP bug pretty bad. We ahve had a GTP club here in Iowa for about three years now and I was excited to see a SC club founded in this state. I have been doing some research on a date for our event. Tri-States has there 2002 schedule up. The opening weekend is April 20th. I was thinking that we should do this early in the year just in case we love it and want to have a second event. I am very sure that I can have at least 7 or 8 GTPs there and maybe even a whole lot more. I am thinking of inviting our neighboring state clubs to attend as well. How many of you are interested? Should we try to turn this into a Mid-West event? I have contacted the racetrack and they are excited about the idea of us haveing a grudge race there. They will give us one or two staging lanes to ourselves for a bracket race. We can run heads up or we can do a true bracket race. It is up to you guys. We have some fast cars in our club but I have seen SCs run in the 12s is St Louis, so it should be pretty close. Please take a look at the schedule and give some feedback on a good date. We should try and keep this event on a test and tune date. I would like to do it in April or May. What do you all think? Hope to meet some of you guys this summer.

Aren Monson
President IACGP
iacgp.clubgp.com

I would be interested in coming to watch, but not going to race because 1) I would have to find another way home, 2) I break it, I bought it.. and 3) I don't want to explain to my dad how I broke something on my 'Bird.

I'll come and watch- just let me know when and where.

-Andy "Melon"

I would love to come. Sounds like a great time. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. Don't know if I'll make it though cuz Eastern Iowa is kinda far for me here in Nebraska, esp. since I already am planning a trip to Kansas City this spring to do some racing.

Thomas

How does April 28th sound to you guys. I know you will have just been down in Kc. Let me know what you all think of this date. If this doesn't work take a look at the schedule at www.tristateraceway.com and pic any test and tune date that works better. Lets try to make this happen. Also do you guys want to do this as a heads up style race or should do a bracket style race?

Aren
iacgp.clubgp.com

Being as though the GTP's are faster than SC's stock to stock, I would think bracket would be best.

That being said, I've never run either of my cars so I have absolutely no idea what I would be picking for a dial on either of them.

I think I could do April 28th. I'll have to check with my wife, though, for sure.

Dale

shootout

Dale,

We will have some time to do a few test 'n' tune warm up runs to close in on our dial-ins. You won't have to just pull a number out of the air. I think the fairest wat to do this event is to do a bracket style race. I am going to try to promote this to a few other area clubs from IL and WI. Before I put the word out I would like to lock in the date. Does anyone object to this date. I would like to get an idea of how many SCers are going to be coming. I am sure either way the IACGP will be there.

Aren

Back