SC/Jackshaft Tensioner

Ifrit

Hey, I am looking to swap to some upgraded springs for my tensioners and had a few questions.

Stock tensioners seem to be rated at about 10 Lb-Ft (E9SE-6B209-HA 3.8L S/C Supercharger (10 Lb-Ft) E9SE-6B209-KA 3.8L S/C Jackshaft Drive (10 Lb-Ft)) and I was interested in what the heavy duty springs were rated at and if there would be any benefit to a higher rating.

Thank you!

You've seen this thread, right?

E9SE-6B209-JA 3.8L S/C Accessory (16 Lb-Ft)
E9SE-6B209-HA 3.8L S/C Supercharger (10 Lb-Ft)
E9SE-6B209-KA 3.8L S/C Jackshaft Drive (10 Lb-Ft)

I think HD springs are usually used when various mods/higher than stock boost wind up causing belt slip.

If your motor is stock and you have no reason to believe you're getting belt slip, I'm not sure HD springs would make any difference.

yes I had seen that and read through it but i did not find the answers I was looking for. As for my car currently im at 15% OD and have seen some evidence of belt slip around the pullys. I have not seen any information on the spec of the HD springs through.

Info that would have helped earlier, thanks. I would be looking at the heavier springs for sure in that car,

Might try emailing Charles w/MP and asking if he knows the rating when HD springs are installed.

yes I had seen that and read through it but i did not find the answers I was looking for. As for my car currently im at 15% OD and have seen some evidence of belt slip around the pullys. I have not seen any information on the spec of the HD springs through.
These are the springs you need. I think they were originally used in a supercharged Ford Lightning.

Hey, Sorry for any confusion. I wasn't really asking should I do this more of I am going to be doing this work and wanted to know about the parts.

I was hoping someone had tested a tensioner with the HD springs installed and measured the Lb-Ft of the spring and if anyone had made a heavy spring above the HD spring. I am looking at having the springs fabricated at a local shop and wanted these two pieces of information.

I will try and reach out to Charles in the mean time and see if I can find what I am looking for.

Thank you.

You've got me interested about the HD springs now - if you find out and have the time, pls. update this thread thanks.

I do have a friend a bit of a drive away from me that has a set installed on a car I believe so I might end up going out there and testing them to find out. If i get my answers I will post back here.

Reactions: KMT
Back