SCCoA forum issues

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
Please use this thread to post any issues you are experiencing on the new forums. I'll do my best to get to them promptly. I MAY delete redundant items and/or condense.

I had to extensively re-work security to make things match up over here. So if you see forums you shouldn't, or are missing private forums, please let me know.

As of right now, here's the known issue list -

- Anyone with a RECURRING subscription will need to cancel it themselves in Paypal and create a new recurring membership. I plan to email these members to give them a heads up. We do not have a way to cancel these memberships unfortunately as it's all done on the Paypal side.
- Setup an SSL certificate for the forums for security purposes. RESOLVED
- Search may be a few days until operational. RESOLVED
- Images in Garage/Showcase not working. RESOLVED
- Missing recent threads from initial download of site from when testing began. RESOLVED
- Update help/FAQ pages/URLs
- Private messages/conversations were showing to the wrong users. RESOLVED - however, conversations sent/received from Friday (2/26/21) night to Monday (3/1/2021) night are lost. If you sent any messages during this time period, please resend!
- Rename Showcase to Garage RESOLVED
- Setup Google banner ads for newbies SETUP - Need to review ad placements after a few days.

Last edited:
Glad you got it all switched over Pat, hope it went as smooth as possible for you.

A few of things I am seeing:
-The showcase is still not showing properly for me, none of the photos will display.
-Is the search for the new forum still indexing? Searching with a number(s) is still not showing results due to being common, most of the content is not found yet and any results I do get only show for showcase items.
-Recent forum posts from the last week or so are not on here yet.

Yes, will be a few days I imagine on the indexing. I’ll add that to know issues.

I’ll check out the other items. Thanks.

Pat,
Thanks for all you do to keep sccoa.com up and running!
Since the transition the sccoa.com homepage isn't loading. the page displays the following:

The connection for this site is not secure​

www.sccoa.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Hide details
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Also, do members no longer have the ability to private message?

Pat,
Thanks for all you do to keep sccoa.com up and running!
Since the transition the sccoa.com homepage isn't loading. the page displays the following:

The connection for this site is not secure​

www.sccoa.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Hide details
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

Also, do members no longer have the ability to private message?

I believe this has to do with the missing SSL cert. I'll get this handled. We actually don't have a "homepage" any longer - it just brings you to the forums.

And yes, members should have private messages. Are you getting an error?

Minor issue with the private messages. A few messages I didn’t recognize were in my inbox, listed as coming in on various dates in 2020. Upon clicking on them, the messages are actually from back in October 2006, and are between other people. I can just delete them easily enough, but you might want to double check everything with that, since PMs going to the wrong people could be a problem.

Minor issue with the private messages. A few messages I didn’t recognize were in my inbox, listed as coming in on various dates in 2020. Upon clicking on them, the messages are actually from back in October 2006, and are between other people. I can just delete them easily enough, but you might want to double check everything with that, since PMs going to the wrong people could be a problem.
Yeh that's no good. Could you send me a screen shot or something of this? I'm not seeing this in my account. Send it to pat @ dipersia . com. Thanks.

Email sent. There are more examples than what I sent you, but I didn’t go through everything. Also how do I delete old messages? I was looking for a delete option, but didn’t see it.

Didn't get any emails - just tried to send you an email but the email address you have here is no good any longer it appears (@juno.com.)

Showcase/Garage images should now be working. Let me know if anything seems off.

Also see my top post re: PMs/conversations.

Will the related threads box at the bottom of the page be coming back? I always found it helpful.
Example photo of a Xenforo forum with the box below.

Search is still being weird for me and still ignoring numbers or at least some numbers.
When I search for code 173 it says that it did not include the 173, but shows results below with it anyway.

But if I search for 4.2 Crankshaft it will not include the 4 2 and shows no results including it.

The related threads box requires an additional search engine that I didn't purchase. If there's interest, I'm not against it assuming we have everything server related to do it.

Though looking at your other comments, may have to look deeper at search anyway. Found this thread detailing what's going on -

Same deal, looks like we'd have to do the enhanced search engine to fully resolve.

Is there a search option to show only threads/posts w/images?
Not that I'm seeing. I don't know if we even had that with the old site.

Here's what I do when needed - use Google's image search. This search, for example, pulls up images of the firing order.

site:sccoa.com firing order

Once you get results, click the IMAGES tab in the Google search.

Back