Seat Track Mod and issues........

KMT

>you have to follow a procedure with the keyless entry pad (it is listed in the owners manual)

I've got to find a module and try this... On second thought - maybe I'll just bridge the wires in the connector and be done.

Attachments

• Autolock_1990.jpg
    Autolock_1990.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

txsc

Autolock doesn't work on my 89 5-speed, and according to the manual, it's not supposed to work on any SC (at least for 89). Interesting if it works on a 91; wonder what the cut-off year/date is.

I had an 89 automatic SC, and never tried to activate it because the manual said it wouldn't work. I know it worked on the 90LX we bought new, because I programmed it to autolock all the time.

JD

ecyrbh

I just read my owners manual,And it says the same thing,Will work on LX but not SC.......I'm gonna try it anyway......I'll let y'all know......

ecyrbh

I can lock both doors by pressing 7/8 and 9/10 at the same time but the auto lock feature doesn't work at all......KMT,would you let me know if jumpering the wires under the seat makes it work.........Thanks

KMT

>Its a gray connector with 2 wires

Just laying loose? ...from the seat or from the floor? What color wires?

I took a quick look in my '90 SC (auto trans) and I have 7 (?) different connectors/pairs under the driver's seat, and they all look connected.

I'm guessing something like this list:
(see #'s in photo if you can - left to right/top to bottom)

#?: side bolsters
#?: lumbar pump
#3: seat motor front/rear?
#?: seat bottom tilt motor
#?: seat height motor
#6: seat bottom load switch ? (also #2?)
#?: seat belt connect circuit

Can anyone confirm?

I don't seem to have the auto-door lock feature, and the #6 gray connector with brown/black wires seems to already be connected (in two places? #2 & #6 in the photo)?

Attachments

• SC_Seat_connectors.jpg
    SC_Seat_connectors.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

KMT

For anyone curious about the seat occupant load switch...

The mechanism is sandwiched between the bottom seat foam above and the wire support-grid below.

There are two metal bands riveted together at the front. Unloaded it bows up.

When the top metal band is pushed down/loaded by driver's weight, the lower band pulls out at the rear, activating a simple switch that is closed, making the electrical circuit that is part of the 'auto' door lock circuit.

Next step is to pull the entire seat and see if a corresponding connector is buried in the SC harness somewhere under the carpet, perhaps.

Attachments

• DSCN4037.JPG
    DSCN4037.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 57

birds4us

Yes that is the sensor, and yes, the connector should be there, it may be stuffed under the carpet as well.

KMT

Yes that is the sensor, and yes, the connector should be there, it may be stuffed under the carpet as well.

I found it...it had gotten snagged in the left track and took another look to find.

It works.

I enabled the feature via the keypad on the door. Plugged in the switch...flattened the mechanism...turned on the key, shifted from park into neutral/drive and boom. Doors locked.

Connecting the two wires at the pigtail coming out of the carpet does the same thing. No need to actually have the switch added to the circuit/seat as far as I can see. Not sure how much trouble that would be to match an original set up. If you do jumper the wires, just remember the doors WILL lock when in gear, so learn how to disable if that becomes situationally necessary, etc.

Nice....

Last edited:

Fab Bird

I was trying to enable autolock on my automatic 90 SC (Anniversary) but it didn't work. So I found this old thread and was looking for that plug and think I found it (see picture, is that it?). But where do I plug it into, I couldn't find anything, all other plugs I found were connected to something, there was just this one loner... anyone know how to find it or is my car just not equipped with it?signal-2022-04-10-214822.jpeg

Fab Bird

Thinking over it again... as an SC, my car shouldn't have the sensor for seat occupation, if I understood correctly? BUT, I could jump the plug on the picture above and the autolock would work? If yes, would a paperclip do the job (sealing it with tape)?

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
I think from the discussion's above (KMT) & what I've read in service manual, that's all you need to do. Just connect the 2 wires in that plug together & insulate them well with shrink tube or electrical tape. I think for some reason they didn't put the occupent switch that would plug into this connector in the S/C or XR-7 seats. I'm going to try this on mine as well.

Fab Bird

Nice, sounds easy then! Thanks for the info, I'll try it out on Friday.

Was the SC the only one available with manual transmission? That could explain it, maybe it was easier to just delete it on all SC's rather than just on the manual SC's on which the autolock apparently wouldn't work.

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
Yes 5 speed was only available on the S/C's & 89-90 XR-7's, not regular Tbirds & Cougars.
I just thought maybe with all the other features in these seats-power bolster & lumbar,etc. they
didn't put the occupant switch in them. 5 spd's wouldn't have a provision for a switch to signal when placed
in 1st gear either, just for reverse.

I thought the occupant switch was something used for the active seat belt system on the sold in U.S. cars &
thats why none of mine have it. Maybe it served both purpose's? Auto lock & seat belt?