Separating seat from tracking?

cougarxr7

I am taking my passenger seat apart.
I removed the 4-10mm bolts from the bottom of the seat, that looks like they bolt the track to the seat.
Still will not come apart? I cannot see anything else that could be holding the seat and track together.
I searched the forums, no luck.
Any and all help will be appreciated!

Four screws in the plastic shroud on the side of the seat then separate the switch assembly and slide it thru the seat.
Next two 15MM bolts on the side of the seat, by the hinge where it tilts. everything should be loose now . As you separate the back from the bottom you will see the hook preventing the back from releasing. Rotate the back to the side and it will release. Be careful not to
damage the air lines.

Here's some pics of my seat.
The first one, I need to find someone who can reupholster that and how much?
The next 2 show I believe 2 bolts and that spring you mention earlier.
If I am wrong let me know!
Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCF0003 (1).JPG
    DSCF0003 (1).JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0001 (1).JPG
    DSCF0001 (1).JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0002 (1).JPG
    DSCF0002 (1).JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 9
Once you remove the 2 15mm bolts pictured the entire back will come off. The other side juat slides into a hole. You will need to hinge the seat back up to pivot the other side out of that hole. Also the bolster hard lines have a rubber gromet you'll need to slide them out from to remove.

The seat trim piece is the other mentioned part that needs to be removed. Its held in by 4 #2 Phillips screws. Also I found it easiest to just leave the controls attached and remove them with the trim. Since you have the seat out, unclip them from underneather the seat where they attach to the motor and fish them out.

Besides that you have everything completely broken down.

Replacement seat skins are usually sold as an entire interior from supercoupeperformance.com or spinningwheels-sc.com

-Tim

Check out what I found! See pics.
1st pic. That is a hair clip.
2nd pic. I found it in the track to left of that gear!
3rd pic. Tracking removed! Great instructions, but those 2 bolts were 1/2 inch not 15mm. No biggy!
Thats going to fun putting back together!

I plan on putting the track back in the car and hooking up the power, switches and testing it to see if the motors are bad.
If they are, how do you remove that unit?
I seen the 2 nuts but with that gear rod between them tracks I can't see how to remove the motors!
Will keep posting until it is finished!

Attachments

• DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 8
Seat motor is working fine! That hair clip was the problem!
Now trying to separate the foam padding from the leather seat.
There are long metal rods that go through the foam padding, I can't figure out how to remove them???
And if not careful you will tear up the foam padding????

Foam padding separated. To reupholster those seats it will cost $650.00.
That's with me taking the seats apart.
I bought a seat belt on ebay today.
I'm sure more to come!!!!

Hair clip!! Wow I thought those things only happened to me I had my wife's passenger seat out of her 97 thunderbird cause it wouldn't move (not powered) found out there where 3 quarters marinated together with God knows what in the track so I made. 75¢ for my efforts

Glad you was able to get the seat out!
You seen what I to do to get mine out!
I remember a day 75 cents was worth something!

Back