Shoot out smack talk starts NOW

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
Keith,

Not sure the new v8 turbo motor is going to be broken in by the Shootout. Still not running yet. Might be bringing my 91 SC back for a re-do because it had a pretty bad misfire last year.

David

That's OK....my car ran a nice number last November, drove into the trailer and hasn't run since. It's got a nice shiny sticker on the roll cage and some cool doors though...........

Gonna look fast if nothing else.

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
That's OK....my car ran a nice number last November, drove into the trailer and hasn't run since. It's got a nice shiny sticker on the roll cage and some cool doors though...........

Gonna look fast if nothing else.

Drove my 91 SC to work today and the stupid WOT misfire I had last year is back :confused: Ordered a new set of plug wires, and if that doesn't fix it I may be forced to bring the turbo car.

David

mellbutler

I thought you meant you were driving it to the shoot out... anybody driving to/from and racing this year besides me?

We always do, so does drfishbone...We aren't that far from home I guess, and we usually have another sc or vehicle for backup

ALS35

SCCoA Member
Hold on just a minute cowboy, I never said I couldn't drive my SC to the Shootout, race and drive back, I just choose not too! ;)

Besides I usually bring the drinks, buns, hamburgers, chips and flatware, so along with all the stuff for the car I have no room in my SC, so I would need a trailer anyway! LOL

See everyone there soon!

I used to smack talk about driving and racing.
2013 - drove to the event - broke (everyone remember the long lunch break?) - fixed the car and drove home. Didn't compete.
2014 - drove as far as Ohio - broke and spent 2 days getting home. It was a really fun shootout for me.
This year have truck and trailer. If it breaks again I will have a way to get home. Plus I can bring more than you can stuff in an SC! Maybe even some Canadian beer for y'all.
Looking forward to seeing all you folks again.
Alan

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Drove my 91 SC to work today and the stupid WOT misfire I had last year is back :confused: Ordered a new set of plug wires, and if that doesn't fix it I may be forced to bring the turbo car.

David

Good news, it's wasn't misfiring....I was just on the rev limiter :eek: Still going to try and get the turbo car together in time.

David

davec73

SCCoA Member
I used to smack talk about driving and racing.
2013 - drove to the event - broke (everyone remember the long lunch break?) - fixed the car and drove home. Didn't compete.
2014 - drove as far as Ohio - broke and spent 2 days getting home. It was a really fun shootout for me.
This year have truck and trailer. If it breaks again I will have a way to get home. Plus I can bring more than you can stuff in an SC! Maybe even some Canadian beer for y'all.
Looking forward to seeing all you folks again.
Alan
I will always trailer anything I might even think about racing. Balls before brains is cool for some guys but I can't afford to miss work or piss my wife off because I had something to prove. I always carry tons of tools and extra stuff for the guys that don't and it has come in handy every year.

XB-70

SCCoA Member
may be two of us running bone stock

I hope to race my bone stock 95, no truck.

Ditto, bone stock 95 auto with a ton of miles will be showing up for th shootout. Not planning to run but if you do, I will have to acquisce :)

Colonel glenn

1FSTBRD

I started a thread about this, and perhaps it's not an SC.....but I wish you guys got to race this guy I met tonight that has a 50's Austin with an SC transplanted into it, doing 12's with a STOCK engine in it. It goes to show what these engines can do when they're not lugging around a couple of tons of weight.

pro street rich

not so fast there...

I'll have the fastest N/A V8.

If I bring one of mine I might give you something to thing about... Not sure if I am bringing a v6 or v8 and not even sure if it is going to be a t-bird.... too many things still up in the air here.....Rich

pro street rich

going to the track this week...

Well I am making time to go racing this week to see if I have what I need to do some smack talking.. I am hoping for something in the super fast speed. I should be able to get on the top ten list if everything goes well... Lets see where it lands....Rich

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Well I am making time to go racing this week to see if I have what I need to do some smack talking.. I am hoping for something in the super fast speed. I should be able to get on the top ten list if everything goes well... Lets see where it lands....Rich

Rich,

Good luck, I saw you were registered in the Big Dog racing class at the Shootout.

David

pro street rich

had to go some where??

Rich,

Good luck, I saw you were registered in the Big Dog racing class at the Shootout.

David
Not sure if I will stay there or move to someplace else... Got to see how this whole mess works out here.. I got three toys that I could bring if things work. Now I have to make up my mind as to which one would be the beast to bring... You know me, I never know what is coming or going to happen....lol.....Rich