slow/underpowered electrical?

toddd3d

Hey everyone,

I am an original owner of a white 1991 SC 5 speed. I am starting to try to get everything back in order as the car hasn't been getting a lot of use in the past few years. 1 of the problems I have been experiencing is overall feeling that the electrical components like windows, wipers, moonroof are all operating slowly. Battery is fresh, I don't think there is any sort of alternator issue, and realize the car has been sitting for weeks at a time between uses so inactivity likely comes into play. My doorlocks used to work slowly as well, but as of now they don't make a sound or move at all when pushing the buttons.
Anyone had similar issues, or have advice on where to start when it comes to finding the culprit for this?

thanks in advance for any help

Todd

35th

I'd start by greesing all the tracks for windows and sunroof not sure on door locks other than wiring or lock actuators

35th

Fuses for door locks also it's one of the silver fuses you'll have to check with a Ohms meter cause it doesn't have a window to see if it's blown or not and while you have the fuse out I'd check to see if your getter power to the fuse box on that fuse

KMT

Window motors tend to gunk up the internal gears over time, but if the issue is with other circuits, I would also focues on grounds...these cars live/die by them. Voltage drop testing can help pinpoint, but just going ahead and cleaning/replacing may be quicker, especially if the car hasn't seen much use in the last few - an EVTM is a must, if you don't already have one.. Search here on the very common topic: grounds

G'luck

Ken

toddd3d

Thank you Ken! I am going to search ground for sure as all of the components I mentioned exhibit a similar behavior