SMOG or SELL

XR7

I need to get my car smog'd

Or I might have to just sell it...

Anyone want an XR7...

If someone wanted to buy it.. I would get it to pass smog before the sale..

Hi Dan,

I haven't had an issue with SMOG, I haven't tried as yet..

I will be trying in the next couple weeks or so.. but I know the Passenger side cat is gutted, so I assume I may have an issue..

I priced it to fix the issue.. and now I am not sure if I want to fix the issue, or just let the car go..

Not suare what to ask for a price, what would you be willing to spend?.

Karl

... I have no money. I was just asking.

I wouldnt want to short change you on the car, the most I could afford is next to Nothing but I know people willing to spend $1000 on a "running" car.

Unless youre negotiable for trade / labor / etc .. ;)

Was just hoping to see the car in person at a local meet or something before you ended up getting rid of it.

No cat .. wont pass the sniffer. You need to fix that or the smog test is just money and time wasted.

- Dan

Last edited:
Sure... a red 89 XR7 possibly for sale and it's no where close to me.

Other than the cat - what else is wrong with the car? Wouldn't fixing the cat be a semi-easy fix?

Sure... a red 89 XR7 possibly for sale and it's no where close to me.

Other than the cat - what else is wrong with the car? Wouldn't fixing the cat be a semi-easy fix?

Fixing the CAT is very semi easy.. just that I moved to CA from MN June 2010, and now I have to worrry about smoggin' the thing..

most recent problem I fixed before moving to CA was the Wheel Bearing... (Front)

The car has been aged, and needs some TLC from not really being driven much since I bought it in 2002..

Is this car still for sale? How much are you trying to get for it? Can you post some pics and describe the car more? Any rust??

Is this car still for sale? How much are you trying to get for it? Can you post some pics and describe the car more? Any rust??

Yes I would sell it, however I am schedule friday morning (tomorrow) 5/13/2011 to have both cats replace with 2.5 high flows.. and the center resonator.. and that is going to cost me about 500...

So with that.. if you can get me 3000 tonite, I will cancel the appointment.. and the car will be yours..

after friday. to recoupe, it will be 3000 plus what ever the bill is at the muffler shop.. and with that, it will have been smoged, and titled, and registered in CA...

So you decide..

Also 3000 is a no haggle price, so if you are still intersted I will get you pictures of this completely RUST FREE car..

There is one picture on my member page here at SCCOA..

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=211

Thanks for your interests..

Last edited:
Up date on this car??? Few more pic's would be of help also.

Kurt

What kind of update are you looking for? other than a few more pictures..

I have pretty much said what I needed to say in post #8
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=943078&postcount=8

So as it says in post #8 if you are seriously interested, I will send you more pictures.. Also you are in Sacramento?.. I am in Stockton, feel free to request to view the car.

As in post #8 you had a apointment to replace the cat(s) to get car smoged and reg in Ca. Has it been (in other words "up date"). I'm sure the price has gone up do to these repairs also??

Kurt

As in post #8 you had a apointment to replace the cat(s) to get car smoged and reg in Ca. Has it been (in other words "up date"). I'm sure the price has gone up do to these repairs also??

Kurt

Yes it is up to date, and Has california plates and registration now.

Back