SO-CAL's Easy Wheel Hop Delete Mod

mannysc said:
turbo says it wont work so guess it don't work he must have experience with the mod.

i know i do ask supercoupe007 i gave him a ride in mine a few times Jose will tell ya how good it works not a single hop outtta mine .

pretty impressive list of parts there turbo wanna race my SC it has only a 70mm bbk TB other than that everything has a stock part number.

its stock really i don't buy parts. I fix what the factory put out . and make it work right.

maybe you are mad at me and you want to knock my stupid idea .

i noticed you knock everything i say or make and you don't even have 1/4 my skills.

so wanna prove my stuff or ideas wrong race me but if ya cant cut a low low 13 stay home.

i don't make claims i cant back up my SC is quick my SC don't wheel hop my parts work.

i don't like to attend meets so if ya want to race ill meet ya at a track just you and me and a camera person .

don't knock what you have no experience in

Get'Em Danno!

darkstar_one said:
oue oue oue, can i come please, ill be the camera guy...
did it work for you?? or you keep breaking bolts?

give me a couple of months while i break in my engine and ill race you.

lets all get together in San Diego just for the fun of it.

i have a whole truck load of parts to try.

and some free gifts if ya want some .

my bolts broke due to the excessive play in the stock rubber Ive been doing good for almost 4 yrs now on same rubber and washes with a cut center post now .

Daniel do you need any parts aka raised top ? ported blower? I can make em and have em ready for you . im stock piling tops and manifolds .

ill sell em soon but I have given a few away, to friends and guys who need a part and we go back a few yrs so what ya want its on the house.

darkstar_one said:
you know manny, i need some parts..... i sure can use some.... :rolleyes:
didnt I email you about parts? i hasve a list but i have to check it im so far behind its almost 50 long.

but yeah what ya need inlet ported blower i think we talked of a ported inlet ill check

turbospeed said:
no thanks rigth now im thinking of going AR.
wow wish i had that kind of money. id have one right now.

its a lot of money in one chunk heck Dave dont even make much on them .

he must make change at the price he has sold them . lots of work and most of the cost is just the parts . and materials.

good luck with your plans I know dave is building them on a limited schedual

very few made .

ill do a step by step tomorrow here is a short idea of what to do

Attachments

• dhnhshtshtsrhtrhrehrh.JPG
    dhnhshtshtsrhtrhrehrh.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 355
mannysc said:
ill do a step by step tomorrow here is a short idea of what to do
DEFINATELY looking forward to seeing that step-by-step write up, Manny.

My XR7 (5 speed) has that NASTY wheel hop problem that I would dearly love to get rid of.

Dead thread?

Just curious if this thread is dead, I would also be interested in doing this mod. My 94 will hop all the way across an intersection. Manny, any further details other than what you already posted?

its not dead, its just that we southern californians are very busy doing nothing and just sitting around scratching our asses, nah, i'll post up a video of the burnout after i get my alignment, and i will post up some more info on the wheel hop delete mod, lates.

68COUGAR said:
I even hop the 2-3 shift!!!!! So you KNOW I want those diagrams.

68COUGAR

Can't Hurt anyway! We all know Ford layed down to rest after creating these fine pieces of machinery and never tweaked or fine tuned. It took the Great SCCOA together to make these what they are.

I have mine and will install even if its a waste of time.

easy fix cut 1/8 - 1/4 inch off of center post in mounts then bolt it back up it will sqeeze the rubber tight and stop the pesky wheel hop

okay ladies, check this out,

i thank manny for starting this idea, he is a genius, you know u are manny, quit blushing, okay.

One of the mods, is to get some plates, and cut a hold in the middle, just big enough to over the lip on the center post of the IRS mounts, like my pictures on the first page of this thread, what it does, it compresses the rubber on the mount, and it compresses the rubber edge on the upper cup washer, so basically it compresses.
suspension003.jpg

second mod, would be this, cut the lip on the center post on all 4 mounts, each mount has a center post, cut the lip, what this would do is would compress the rubber as stated above and therefore delete wheel hop.
wheelhopdeletemod.jpg

questions?

Last edited:
Back