So this happened today.

NS955sp

Left for work this a.m. and this happened. Off to a great wed. This ever happen to anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_094835376.jpg
    IMG_20210610_094835376.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20210610_094823724.jpg
    IMG_20210610_094823724.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 49
Very common with old/original balancers or not using a new bolt/washer if it was off.
Hope it didn't ruin your crank sensor? Hard to find-SCP has new batch coming in soon though.
Keyway extends all the way through to timing gear-so if damaged- a lot of work(front cover removal)

It does suck though.

I've been there a few times its not as bad as it appears just labor some. I would say this topic hits the site every 90 days or so.

The broken part of the hub comes of pretty easily once the front cover is removed. The broke. Bolt...if you have a dremel get a carbide bit from lowes, drill into the center of the bolt and then use a reverse thread bit aka easy out bits.

Again it's more time consuming than anything else.

-Tim

I've been there a few times its not as bad as it appears just labor some. I would say this topic hits the site every 90 days or so.

The broken part of the hub comes of pretty easily once the front cover is removed. The broke. Bolt...if you have a dremel get a carbide bit from lowes, drill into the center of the bolt and then use a reverse thread bit aka easy out bits.

Again it's more time consuming than anything else.

Also your car being a 94/95 means the crank sensor is no big deal and the Ford Free star balancer is a cheap replacement option.

Mine was much worse when it happened to me. Broke the crank after the 1st rod journal. I was at WOT when it happened.

I would say this topic hits the site every 90 days or so.
Indeed. It is a constant reminder for me to do mine before something happens, it's original and I know the car was neglected and driven hard before I got it. If you are going to get one from SCP check with them first for clarification that it is the correct one as the title of the page says 89-93 but the text in the description says 94-95.

I didn't realize his was 94/95. Tim could tell that from the pic's?
Crank sensor should be no issue then if needed.

The crank trigger ring on the broken balancer gives it away. The sprockety gear looking ones are 94 and up. 93 and older have 3 vanes.

I kinda wish the 89-93 had that version seems to be easy to find crank sensors for those when mine broke I had to scower everywhere to find one

Back