Something’s up with my radio in a good way

kpoindex08

So I have had the t-bird parked for about 3 1/2 months due to rear end noise and other misc. repairs and up grades. I took out my battery and put it in my mom's t-bird because her Dura last didn’t last lol any ways back on track... yesterday I put a spare battery I had laying around in it to start it up and get its fluids moving after a few weeks without a start up.(been having very nice weather here in the st.louis area) I decided to drive her to work and was getting tired of hearing the wind so I closed my sun roof. Then I didn’t want to just sit there in silence so I turned on the radio. at first I was thinking "great now I got to reprogram my presets" so I pressed the A.M/F.M button to switch it from A.M to F.M to my astonishment it was on preset #1 105.7 so I pressed #2 and wala kshe 95, then #3 106.5 the arch, and #4 99.1 joy F.M just as I left them!!!!

My question is how long does my radio remember my presets? I remember in the past where I had to reprogram my presets in this very car after removing the battery every time!! What has changed this time?? :confused: remember I had the battery out for at least 3 weeks!!!!

It really depends on what radio you have in the car because some aftermarket units have a battery similar to a computer setup that keeps the time and presets. I have a Alpine Audio unit that has this setup.

Pretty sure that my 94's JBL w/ changer has an auto-presets feature that will scan and set the presets according to what comes in the strongest. Are you sure that it didn't just auto-scan for stations? I don't really think that there's a way the factory unit can keep any info unless there's some power source connected.

I did not know the stock units had an auto scan but I could have possibly hit that button and not the A.M /F.M button. (Driving and hitting buttons) also it would be 1 in a million chance that they auto tuned to the same exact preset numbers.

Back