Speed Merchant

D

DANKnDRANK

Speed Merchant

Anyone get there work done at speed merchant. They did my exhuast. They do good work, but kinda pricy

Re: Speed Merchant

I have a friend that works at the one in SJ( I have been told to stay away from the one in Santa Clara).

The service manager told me that he does not want to do the engine re-build on my SC, which is cool cuz I found someone who knows SC's better to do the engine re-build[which is yet to get started :( ] I plan to go to them to have my suspension re-done once my engine re-build is done.

Yeah they seem cool enough I have yet to have any work done by them though.

Nathan

PS for those of you that know about my plans of starting a local club for the bay area I am working on the San Jose Speed Merchant to give us some dyno time, which would be really cool since we don't have a track or anything close by.

How much is all this gonna cost

How much is the engine rebuild and at how many miles should it be done?

How much will the suspension cost and isn't that something that you and a buddy could do in your driveway?

First off yeah I will probably go the suspension myself. I will lower my car and put on new anti-roll bars, my shocks are really good koni's that are not too old so I will keep those.-

My engine has 110 miles on it, and it needs a re-build cuz it sounds as if there is a spun rod or something. Not to mention the blown head gasket.

I don't know how much the suspension will cost.

My engine re-build is a custom job. I am looking at between 7-10K to do the re-build. My re-build will be the exacte same as Kevin Keenan's engine.

Nathan Martin

Back