Steering Wheel Options

bigpoppa822

I was looking into upgrading my steering wheel (I have a '90) to something a little more modern and possibly a little smaller and thicker. Retaining a somewhat OEM look is a huge factor for me in this.
I understand that the early model and later model cars are not easily interchangeable so I'm not sure if a wheel from another car would fit both early and late model SCs.
I've seen an old thread where DLF put the FRPP M-3601-B Steering Wheel in his '89, and that is an option.

But what about an 03/04 Cobra wheel? Or other SN95 Cobra wheels? What about even the 05+ stangs?
Do we have any aftermarket options that would look semi-OEM? So far the only one I even remotely like is the MOMO Tuner.

Anyone done this swap? Or at least looked into it?

I find that the 89-93 wheels are very comfortable. Too bad they are not wrapped in leather. The Motorsports wheel is nine and thick but he spokes are not in a place where they are more comfortable then the early bird.

You will have an airbag unit that doesnt work BTW. Probably a little heavier. THe new mustang...I am not sure as noone has tried it. But I dont like the circle air bags. They dont look good. I think if you find a place that will wrap the stock early wheels, You will be happier. Unless you want a smaller wheel and only aftermarket is avail.

Back