Stiff Brake Pedal

jpeddy

I recently bought a 90 sc and it came with a stiff brake pedal, it has been sitting since 98 so I thought maybe the caliper pins were rusted so I took them apart and cleaned them and greased them also put new pads and rotors, but that wasn't the issue, it stops better but is still hard to push, sometimes if it sits for awhile when i first start the car the brake pedal is fine for a couple pushes then goes back to being rock hard, all the fuses and relays are good so its not that, any ideas on what my problem could be? Or where I can find parts for this thing?

I've got a nearly new accumulator it was just over a year old when I converted to conventional brakes so if you need one I've got it 50$ plus shipping

Brake booster? Not expensive or hard to find unless it has ABS.
If its a S/C then it would've originally had ABS, plus he said he checked relay & fuses,which leads me to believe it still retains the original master/booster set up. Likely a bad/weak accumulator or it could the pressure switch if it has boost initially at start up.

yeah I can tell you I paid much more than 50 for it, but its a year old and not being used so I don't want to keep looking at it I'd sell the entire teves unit cheap the only thing it needs is the electric motor

Back