Still For Sale, Electric-Current Red 5-Speed South of Atlanta - 3k

PuchRider

Hey all, it was suggested that I start a new thread because my old one was "tainted." It was pretty busy on there and I agree a fresh start would be nice. Car is in same condition except I accidentally broke the lens on the climate control display; not a big deal, still works as it should. It's a cosmetic thing anyway. You can see it in the video I made. Here is a complete description:

THE GOOD:

Great interior, (minor imperfections at the top of the rear seats from sun damage, and bottom of the driver's seat needs to be resewn)

No Sunroof (from what I hear, that's rare)

Electric Current Red (also rare)

New radio

3% (I think) pulley (off of a 89-93 SC) I put the 89-93 SC belt on it and it fits well.

New headlights, bulbs and headlights themselves

Hella fogs (hardwired to be on with lowbeams)

New belts

THE BAD:

RUST.... Had it looked at by my friend who is a mechanic and he says it's not really bad at all. It's "surface" stuff not causing structural damage. However, where the ground effects connect to the rocker-panels has deteriorated (a common problem I think) I re-secured the side-skirts to each-other and it looks brand-new from the outside

Odometer is broken, it indicates 99,108. The previous owner said to add about 30,000. I looked at the vehicles history and remember thinking that is plausible.

The Check Engine Light is on.

I performed an Engine-Off diagnostic. I received code 214; a fault in the Distributorless Ignition System (DIS)
Car has new plugs and wires though.
The CEL is on about 50% of the time. Not depending on how long the car has been running

Paint has some imperfections, but decent for the original paint of a 17 y.o. vehicle. Only fading is on the rear bumper

I've had the balancer re-injected with new rubber because it had been causing the engine to vibrate. It's back on and there is still a TINY vibration, but I'm guessing a completely new balancer should do the trick.

Second gear needs synchos, but I've learned to drive it pretty easily. Down shifting is difficult, but doable.

The shifting isn't as tight as it should be. That problem needs to be fixed when the tranny is worked on.

It's perfectly drivable as is, for it has been my daily-driver.

I'm pretty much at $3,000 right now. I could do a trade also, possible. If not for a car, maybe a WaveRunner or Dirtbike; but depending, it may be cash on your end aswell.

This car would be a great project, I'm going off to college and it would be a while before anything happened with it. The rust is the biggest issue (you can see pictures on a previous thread.) I think with some TLC, someone could have a great car.

Here's a video, be sure to watch in High-Quality. I didn't get the issues with the seats and probably a few other things, but I have some pictures on the other thread. I'll see if I can move them to this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAZPYsbiGcs

Last edited:
I went down and had the opportunity to see this car yesterday. Not only is he a very nice young man, he has a fairly nice SC.

The OP has described the car very accurately. The car starts right up with no hesitation, and the engine runs pretty smooth. He's obviously worked hard to sort out the running issues he was having.

Overall, the car has some minor issues, and has some rust underneath, but I think it would make a great reliable daily driver. Given the rarity of 95 5 spds, I think his asking price is pretty fair. If I was looking for a second SC, I would have made an offer on it...

I made a video today of my driving by. (I know it's pointless because I can find others on YT) but I wanted to hear how the supercharger sounded out of curiosity, it sounds pretty healthy to me; but I can be wrong. I know mines nothing special in the world of SC's, but that sound makes me almost want to keep it ;) Video's nothing special, I didn't really get a good angle.. Every time I drove by, I was shifting from 2nd to 3rd (no issues there) On the last one, when I was headed in the opposite direction, it may have been a 1st to 2nd shift, but I don't remember. All I know is that I was slowing down at the end of the last one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSmXfDzIy_I

Take the DIS off and into the local parts store and have it tested. They will tell you if its bad or not. Might help it be sold quicker if the exact problem is identified. 2 clips and 4 5.5 bolts. Little heat sink when put back on the car.

Back