The best Thunderbird that I have seen. $15K, 1994, Silver, and only 8,000 miles

Norm-L

SCCoA Member
Can't be the best one...it's not a 5-speed. lol But seriously, that's an amazing Bird.

J dot Miller

It has a cell phone. What a waste to buy that beauty and not drive it all these years only to sell it for less than you paid for it.

Bosch

It has a cell phone. What a waste to buy that beauty and not drive it all these years only to sell it for less than you paid for it.

That's what I was thinking. That car phone cracked me up as I was scrolling through. Still though, in this day and age, 15k seems like an awful lot for a car that old, even though it's one we all love - my hangup would be the auto transmission. But if you've got the money, who cares? Buy it, drive it, use it for parts, whatever.

yayo_ayala

why

Hi, i have seen many adds for cars and some of them, from my perspective have crazy prices. Probably the most ridiculous is this guy, who is asking ~$33K
https://www.vanguardmotorsales.com/inventory/3757/1989-ford-thunderbird-super-coupe

the car has 37K miles. Everybody can ask what ever they want, but there is a realistic price for a car. Comparing with the one in this post, you have a 8K miles car for $15K vs the crazy guy asking $33K.

I made an offer to this guy
https://ebay.us/9Dh90s

It is a 89, manual, with 64K miles and he wants $14K. how they come-up with those numbers? ... I offered him a good amount of money, but he is not moving his price. In my opinion they are out of the market and I will wait to find the car with all the boxes that I am searching at the right price.

When you are looking for an option on the 80's, T-birs are good option, but I don't consider them collectable cars. I have met people with 20+ cars, and they usually have in their garage, Porsche, lambos, Ferraries, Mustang Shelby GT500, etc. but those 5-6 guys that I have met, they don't have a T-Bird.In my opinion cars like Nissan 300ZX and others will have the wow factor that will be a desire thing in the feature. I don't know, I don't have a crystal ball and predict the T-Bird - but definitely I don't see them as a collector car. It is more like a desire car for people like me, guys who can afford an weekend car and have 2-3 car garage (not the 20+ garage).

Probably I will have a gray car with cell phone ;)

PD.- I don't like the lines for 94-95. I like that 80's style for the 89-93... the steering wheel is a killer

CaifanSC

Woa....fully loaded and gorgeous. Agreed...woulda been better as a 5speed. Nonetheless....what a beaut!

pxtbird

94 low mileage SC

I've been searching for the last two months for a t-brid. I've seen some crazy guys asking over $30K.From all the cars that I have seen this is the best one that I have seen.

https://www.gosilverauto.com/auto/used-1994-ford-thunderbird-super-frankfort-il/43085961/

1994, Silver, Leather, sunroof and only 8,000 miles

Beware of older cars with such low mileage. A car stored for a significant period of time without running it on a regular basis is more likely to have issues than an higher mileage car that has been run on a regular basis. Leaking gaskets and seals that dry up and shrink, rust from condensation in engine, tranny, etc., leaking moon roofs. Buyer beware.

Norm-L

SCCoA Member
Beware of older cars with such low mileage. A car stored for a significant period of time without running it on a regular basis is more likely to have issues than an higher mileage car that has been run on a regular basis. Leaking gaskets and seals that dry up and shrink, rust from condensation in engine, tranny, etc., leaking moon roofs. Buyer beware.

I absolutely agree, but I got lucky when I bought mine. It was 13 years old with only 29,000 miles, but it was driven consistently...not a lot, but it never sat for too long. So, in the last 12 years I haven't had any of those problems. Strike that. lol A couple of years ago I did have to reseal my timing chain cover after finding a long elusive coolant leak at the narrow portion of the gasket, right by the water passage. Other than that, I can't complain.

DrFishbone

SCCoA Member
Wow...that's pretty.

Anyone else realize that we probably are the main opponent against the rise in value of the SC? :p We as a group (more so than any other group) influence what these cars are "worth".

If "outsiders" have a car they think is worth $30k, let them ask $30k! If they find a buyer @ $30k, what does that mean for the value of the rest of the SC's out there? :)

Realistically, it will probably sit, unsold, until the price drops. Someday though, it will sell and that transaction is what gives concrete data to compare other SC's value to. ;)

pxtbird

Sold 94 SC

IT seems that someone purchased this SC for 13,998. Must have a sentimental attachment to 94 SCs. Lucky fellow.