Trying to find my pride and joy

Mikemocz

Hi everyone. I was a member of the SCCOO years ago for a long time. I sold my pride and joy just before I got married and was just hoping she was still around. I put all my time and money into her and want her back. Lately that car is all I have been thinking about and show pics to ppl all the time. It’s a huge part of mine and my wife’s younger years. It’s been in weddings, races, and was super babied while I owned it. I put so many hours of elbow grease and money into that and just hoping she still exists. If you seen it or own it please email me. It’s silver with a Cervinins ram air hood, rebuilt super charger and painted metallic blue, stripped and polished OEM rims (Barrie ON), and so much more. Please email me if you seen it or own it.

Mike

Attachments

• FC20DA9B-B0A8-457C-95FB-7961BBD5920C.jpeg
    FC20DA9B-B0A8-457C-95FB-7961BBD5920C.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 173F79CB-8F68-4896-A3A2-B7030815FEA9.jpeg
    173F79CB-8F68-4896-A3A2-B7030815FEA9.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 11
  • EF05BE77-A245-4BF4-A65D-7F20AA981BA4.jpeg
    EF05BE77-A245-4BF4-A65D-7F20AA981BA4.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi everyone. I was a member of the SCCOO years ago for a long time. I sold my pride and joy just before I got married and was just hoping she was still around. I put all my time and money into her and want her back. Lately that car is all I have been thinking about and show pics to ppl all the time. It’s a huge part of mine and my wife’s younger years. It’s been in weddings, races, and was super babied while I owned it. I put so many hours of elbow grease and money into that and just hoping she still exists. If you seen it or own it please email me. It’s silver with a Cervinins ram air hood, rebuilt super charger and painted metallic blue, stripped and polished OEM rims (Barrie ON), and so much more. Please email me if you seen it or own it.

Mike

Attachments

• 7E583217-AC54-4E9F-A235-28449B5E4CA3.jpeg
    7E583217-AC54-4E9F-A235-28449B5E4CA3.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 382E4E8F-0503-4649-B821-D14969F2D20D.jpeg
    382E4E8F-0503-4649-B821-D14969F2D20D.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 11B6C68E-2850-4A93-BB13-732DD39E6DDA.jpeg
    11B6C68E-2850-4A93-BB13-732DD39E6DDA.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 3
What year was it or do you know last 8 of vin?
I bought complete engine from ABA auto wreckers in Bomanville years ago.

1991 MH172615. ( Heavy right front collision damage)

What year was it or do you know last 8 of vin?
I bought complete engine from ABA auto wreckers in Bomanville years ago.

1991 MH172615. ( Heavy right front collision damage)
Hi Doug thx for responding. But no I don’t have the vin but wish I did.

Thats the colour this 1 was, same style hood, moon roof had a deflector in front of it, cant remember if anything on trunklid or not & I dont remember type or interior colour. S/C was correct colour, but it looked to be used as it had yellow wrecking yard crayon on side identiying it was off a 1990 that I had to wipe off.

Thats the colour this 1 was, same style hood, moon roof had a deflector in front of it, cant remember if anything on trunklid or not & I dont remember type or interior colour. S/C was correct colour, but it looked to be used as it had yellow wrecking yard crayon on side identiying it was off a 1990 that I had to wipe off.
Sorry Doug, so your saying the supercharger and all the ducting was blue ? Because if I remember we correctly from the factory it was a grey in colour before I stripped it and painted. I also did end up putting a spoiler on the trunk and I had a custom made T-Bird decal on the top of the windshield and very small ones on the outer parts of the painted headlight covers. Hard to see in the pics tho

I went & looked at the car a week after I purchased the the engine.( they delivered it to my work in Peterborough). I never saw any of the ducting, but the engine had what looked to be a different from orig S/C on it, as it was marked as being from a 1990, but the engine was a 91 by the Essex ser # tag.Maybe somebody replaced it if it was your car? I think it did have a Thunderbird across the top of windsheild, my wife thought so too? Not sure, maybe it wasn't yours.. I went down the week after they pulled & delivered the motor to me to buy all the stuff they took off before shipping to have as spares.- starter, alternator, A/C compressor & P/ S pump I also got the dash cluster & wanted the cooling fan, & IRCM but both were smashed .

Too bad you dont have VIN # of yours.
I wish I did. I wonder if I were to go to the MTO and somehow get it thru my driver’s license number. Not sure if they can look at previous vehicle ownerships or not but may try. Thank you very much for the reply’s and if you really did get my old engine that’s pretty cool to have been talking to you. Oh and the reason why I rebuilt the blower was because I had to take it off to do the head gaskets anyways. So I was like I might as well do all the bearings and paint it too. I was a young apprentice millwright so enjoyed taking things apart and rebuilding them. On that car as Im sure you know they were known for blowing. I had the heads milled, ported and polished and i put in Felpro head gaskets in and ARP head bolts. It’s crazy all this is coming back to me. Lol

I wish I did. I wonder if I were to go to the MTO and somehow get it thru my driver’s license number. Not sure if they can look at previous vehicle ownerships or not but may try. Thank you very much for the reply’s and if you really did get my old engine that’s pretty cool to have been talking to you. Oh and the reason why I rebuilt the blower was because I had to take it off to do the head gaskets anyways. So I was like I might as well do all the bearings and paint it too. I was a young apprentice millwright so enjoyed taking things apart and rebuilding them. On that car as Im sure you know they were known for blowing. I had the heads milled, ported and polished and i put in Felpro head gaskets in and ARP head bolts. It’s crazy all this is coming back to me. Lol
Do you still currently own a SC? That was so dumb of ford to only produce them for two years, they are such a good looking car and a lot of fun to drive and would give a 5.0 a run for its money.

I have a few S/C's & a few XR-7's( same drivetain) They did only make the Cougar version for 2 years(89-90), but they made S/C's for 6 years 89-95 not 2.

The motor I bought went into a 93.
That’s cool you have so many SC’s man I swore the super coupe was only made for two years. I know they continued to make the T Bird up to 95 but never seen one with the supercharger and factory skirts after 91

Yep, they made Thunderbirds & Cougars until 97 (MN12 chassis) , but only the 89 & 90 Cougars (XR-7) had the choice of a Supercharged engine & until 95 for the Tbirds.

Yep, they made Thunderbirds & Cougars until 97 (MN12 chassis) , but only the 89 & 90 Cougars (XR-7) had the choice of a Supercharged engine & until 95 for the Tbirds.
Huh…. Your right all these years for some reason I thought it was only 89-91 SC engines. After 91 I thought you had the option of 3.8 or 5.0. Man I was so wrong

Don't worry about it, I bought my 1st one in 2000 & there's still lots of stuff I'm learning lol.

If you ever are able to find your VIN, check it againest the 1 I listed. Hopefuly its not it & its out there somewhere.

Don't worry about it, I bought my 1st one in 2000 & there's still lots of stuff I'm learning lol.

If you ever are able to find your VIN, check it againest the 1 I listed. Hopefuly its not it & its out there somewhere.

Thx Doug, the next time I go to the MTO I will ask foresure. But you right I’m hoping in a way you don’t have the engine and it’s still out there somewhere.

Wouldn't your insurance company have the VIN in their records, unless you've changed companies since then.

Joe

Back