Vacumm issues

Hiram1

Hi every one i just took a 10 year old post but no one help me out so i decided to create a new one myself.
I was wondering if anyone can provide me with the pictures of the vacumm lines im having a hard time getting my car started. Thanks for advanced

If anyone wants to text via whatsapp ill be more than glad to recive your images and help !! thanks so much i really want to have my tbird back on again !!! +52 6623876836

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
Your 1st step should be to pick up the factory service manuals including the EVTM before proceeding any further. I think in your messages in the other post, your were changing fuel & electrical components without any real direction. At minimum verify that there is no stored codes in the ecm, that there is fuel pressure & the secondary ignition is in adequate shape. Good luck

KMT

I've had to reply on looking at other SCs - check the images in comment #7, here.

Hiram1

KMT .... i saw the pictures help a lot. im still missing where to connect the by pass and the second pcv valve that is on the drivers side.

KMT

two conections from the throttle body

You mean the two nipples on the front/bottom of the throttle body? Those go to the cooling system, not vacuum.
-=-
the by pass
Small thin plastic line, over to the vacuum line group behind the driver side wheelwell hump, near the gas lift pivot point. The line should have a molded rubber connector on each end, I think, right-angle at the bypass can.
1635729538394.png
-=-
and the second pcv valve that is on the drivers side.
There isn't a second one, just a hose from the fitting in the valve cover, that runs over to the pass. side, under the nose/snout of the supercharger, then to the nipple on the rubber intake tube between the throttle body and air cleaner box...look for a molded black plastic line with short rubber hose connectors on each end.
1635729731965.png

Hiram1

okay wow your t bird its completly conected. i gor mine on mexico and mexican mech has done a really mess out of it so im trying to get everything conected has factory comes. the have done some modifications to the engine and i cant find some lines togeather. ill upload a few images.

Hiram1

tthe first image i dont know where it goes and the second one is from the maniful and im not sure if its the right way i got the car 2 years ago and im still having trouble with this lines

Attachments

• 248341994_416063616591299_7647773197425082064_n.jpg
    248341994_416063616591299_7647773197425082064_n.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 248653063_250135043814707_4751805441162028630_n.jpg
    248653063_250135043814707_4751805441162028630_n.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 13

KMT

first image

That isn't for vacuum. One side is coolant in and the other side is coolant out. It is supposed to help heat the intake in cold climates. The one you're pointing to is coolant 'OUT'. The 'coolant in' shown in the image is connected to the metal pipe under the wiring harness. Some owners just put a short pipe between the two hoses and bypass the TB.
1635733302385.png

As for the second image, that brake booster isn't stock...not sure I can help you sort that all out, sorry.

If you have the bypass connected correctly, it will be pulled open when the engine is started/at idle. Have someone start the engine while you watch the rod at the vacuum pot.

Hiram1

okay than ill bypass the TB thats fine and thank you. the bypass i dont have that connected yet was wondering if you can teach me where it goes too

KMT

It's tough to sort something like this out, I know ;)

Stick with it, you'll get there.

Ken

Hiram1

thanks by the way i undestood the image but it looks a little bit blurry wondering if you can send the lines that come from the corner

KMT

It's pretty tight back there so photos I have don't help much. I looked, but I don't have any that show the details - maybe someone else has something they can share that makes those connections more obvious.