Want to join in but have a lot of questions

Crichey6559

I’ve tried searching about power mods but all the threads seem to be from the mid 2000s and wasn’t able to find things recent. I’m getting to the point in life where I can afford a 3rd car in the future and I’ve always wanted a 94/95 SC as my first car was a 95 V8 LX.
In my looking I know I’m looking for the rarest of the bunch wanting a manual late model. What I was looking at and wanting to know is a few things, I’ve found a few auto pate models but finding a manual seems to be super hard, would it be easier to manual swap an auto or hood out for a manual.
Are there still companies making performance and service parts for the vehicle, the older threads always seem to point to Magnum powers and super coupe performance but neither of those places seem to have a lot of the parts I saw from older threads. I’d like to get to around 300whp to make it quick by modern standards but comfy too. Any advice is welcome

94/95 in 5spd form is tough to find and usually bring a premium because of that rarity. Swap parts are usually available on the boards but are getting harder to find.

Super coupe performance is about it for performance off the shelf parts. Super Coupes Unlimited (SCU) Dave Dalke can also provide help if you need heads,cams etc.

300rwhp should be bolt on parts, injectors and a tune.

Do you have a budget number?

Welcome to the club.

-Tim

Not at the moment. I want to have a manual back in my life because I really haven’t since having kids and have been nostalgic for my first car so I thought this would be a win win but was worried because finding one seems rough and then I was worried about parts because of it being a niche car that had a unique drivetrain. I don’t mind waiting for the right car to come along. Was expecting around 5-8k or 2-3k if it’s one that’s rough or been off the road for a long time. Seems like its a lot easier to find an earlier one though and a lot more cost effective.

I’m down in north AL. I’ve found a lot of early 90s. I’m almost wondering if doing a front end swap would be easier

It's not just the front end, though. The 94/95 have a better blower, better ABS system, and (IMO, anyway) better interior. It's also easier to upgrade the brakes on a 94/95 (or 93, to be fair) than an 89-92 because the spindles are different.

It's not just the front end, though. The 94/95 have a better blower, better ABS system, and (IMO, anyway) better interior. It's also easier to upgrade the brakes on a 94/95 (or 93, to be fair) than an 89-92 because the spindles are different.
Apparently I still have a lot to learn. I looked up the differences and saw a lot of people said it was just the head lights, hood, header panel and bumper. I knew the 94/95 had bigger injectors but didn’t know that more had changed.
As much as I prefer the 94/95, probably mostly nostalgia, I don’t know if I can justify 5k for a decent early model with 8-10k for a decent late model

Back