Water leaking

Eddie G

This morning after I got to work I noticed a good amount of water dripping from underneath the car about the middle area of car, I had the defrost on going to work and on warm then when I got into parking garage I turned the heater back to cool and shut it off but car was still idling for about 5 mins after I parked, I haven’t noticed a temperature change or spike and haven’t heard any noises but my info screen is telling me to change Radiator fluid, Not even sure if that message center is accurate anymore and it’s water leaking not coolant, Water pump maybe ? O

DOUG H

SCCoA Member
Likely just condensate from air conditioner(defrost was on) Nothing to worry about.

Water pump would leak coolant(unless your system is filled with water-bad idea)
& would be a front of car not middle.

Message center advises to change coolant? Not a SC or XR-7?

35th

Heater hoses are at the middleish of the car but as it was stated above with the water pump unless your entire system was filled with water it would be antifreeze not coolant basically nothing in your car should be straight water so if your seeinf clear water dripping it's condensation or if it rained heavy in your area you mat have water getting trapped somewhere pooling up and running off which will if it already hasn't create a rust hole or body damage but the most likely source is just condensation from changing your temp settings from warm to cool

Eddie G

This morning after I got to work I noticed a good amount of water dripping from underneath the car about the middle area of car, I had the defrost on going to work and on warm then when I got into parking garage I turned the heater back to cool and shut it off but car was still idling for about 5 mins after I parked, I haven’t noticed a temperature change or spike and haven’t heard any noises but my info screen is telling me to change Radiator fluid, Not even sure if that message center is accurate anymore and it’s water leaking not coolant, Water pump maybe ? O
Sorry would of been helpful if I mentioned what type car I have I apologize, I have an 89 SC 5 Speed, Thank you all very much for your input, Yes it was clear I was just worried because it seemed like an excessive amount of water, When I came out to the car a few hrs later it was all dried up so I’ll keep an eye on it but the advice given makes sense, Again thank you much appreciated !! Regards, Ed