Weather

Winter driving

My SC sees no winter weather it is in a heated garage. I hope to make it last a long time, it will be my sons car some day.

I definitely try not to drive the SC in the messy crap. I was driving a POS Caravan all week long. On a Friday (January 10th) it was nice out (well not snowing, and dry roads) so I decided to drive the SC. Well this IDIOT woman decided to pull out from a driveway after I go by her! I could see her pulling out from the corner of my eye, and swerved to try and avoid her hitting me, but no luck. The cop gave her a ticket for "failure to maintain control of a motor vehicle, accident resulting," but it makes it no less of a pain in the arse, not to mention a bit disheartening. I'm still waiting for her insurance company to pay. The adjuster absolutely loved my car, and wrote the damage up at $2,780! It's actually over book now, but I have my insurance company's personal value certificate at 6 grand. Maybe a few more mods are in my future when I get paid?!
-Jeff

PS-I'll be looking for 1 89-92 SC wheel in good shape (2 if the price is right)

IM000742.JPG

IM000743.JPG

IM000744.JPG

Sorry to hear about the car, Jeff. I have to drive my car in this every day, which hasn't been to easy with all of the snow we've been getting. As soon as I find a job (I just graduated from college) I'm planning on taking the SC off the road and making some much needed repairs.

That sucks...my 89 got sideswiped because some idoit was going too fast for conditions. The thing the really pisses me off is that it was parked, and I had bought it 5 days prior!

What insurance do you use? Mine won't let me insure the bird over high book. :confused:

That really sucks Jeff...your car was one of the cleanest I've seen. I really hope the insurance company will pickup the damages. That is one of the really scary things about these cars no matter how nice, or clean they still are not worth spit.

We need to start talking again about getting everyone together. You may not want me to organize it this time since I brought bad luck last year, but I'll help out or do it again if we want.

Brian

Some good news

Well the good news is I just got the check last Saturday. 2700+ and the SC is going to the body shop this Saturday to be repaired for 1,200 bucks, so I kinda made out on the deal......pay some bills!

Brian, I agree...we'll have to start thinking about getting together soon. Maybe I can hook up with the same meet we had last year in June....I'll probably start making contacts soon. (BTW you definitely had nothing to do with "bad luck"!)

I got my insurance through AAA. It's American Commerace Insuranse Company. You have to provide all documentation for whatever you have in the car, and be willing to pay the extra premiums. I don't have it anymore because I dropped collision, but me telling the adjuster that I did was good enough for him. I got lucky that he was a super cool guy, and the fact that he was really impressed with my car helped I'm sure. Just glad I washed it in a self serve bay on my way to work that day!
-Jeff

Back