Weird Shifting

Trekie47

So i purchased a 1991 SC with the automatic transmission and there are 2 big issued with it. 1# the electric cooling fan does not come on normally. I believe it is associated with the temperature sensor wiring as even after a new sensor the temp gauge when hot is barely above C. I'm not sure how the car's ECM controls the fan so that's my best guess.
2# the car shifts very odd. It won't leave 1st until well after 3600RPM, and roughly the same thing with 2nd, but the shift to 3rd is very abrupt, and at a much lower RPM, and it does not go into OD. I was going to replace the valvebody, but i am here for a 2nd opinion.
Talking with the previous owners none of them claim to have installed a shift kit.

sam jones

Good afternoon

I check the throttle body bushing immediately.

Check transmission servicing, color and smell. Plenty of information in search and Google.

35th-SanDiego

As Sam states, ensure the TV cable is properly connected to the Throttle body linkage and that the bushing has not disintegrated. Do not drive it if this is not connected to the transmission. Trust me $2000.00 later..

Trekie47

As Sam states, ensure the TV cable is properly connected to the Throttle body linkage and that the bushing has not disintegrated. Do not drive it if this is not connected to the transmission. Trust me $2000.00 later..
Good afternoon

I check the throttle body bushing immediately.

Check transmission servicing, color and smell. Plenty of information in search and Google.
the transmission cable is still attached, and moves with the pedal.

sam jones

Good morning

Are you still having shifting issues?

When was the last time it was serviced?

What is the condition of the fluid(smells/colors)?

What is the aod servicing level measured at the dipstick when the engine is at normal temperature?

Check the TV cable adjustment. see attach video. Adjust if necessary.

Trekie47

Good morning

Are you still having shifting issues?

When was the last time it was serviced?

What is the condition of the fluid(smells/colors)?

What is the aod servicing level measured at the dipstick when the engine is at normal temperature?

Check the TV cable adjustment. see attach video. Adjust if necessary.

The vehicle still does shift weird. The fluid is dark, but it doesn't smell bad as far as i can tell. It's got the proper amount of fluid and im not sure when it was last changed as i got the car relatively recently. I've dealt with transmissions that have been neglected, but i've never had them act the way this one does. I'll check the TV cable next time i see the car as it's not at my house right now. Thank you for the continued reply's.
Edit: looking at the video i took yesterday it doesn't seem like the adjustment is too lose.