Windshield Wiper issue

35th

So I replaced my windshield wiper transmission because I broke the old one a while back well I finally found a 89 tbird lx in a salvage yard so I got the transmission from it and before I installed it I checked the wiper motor found out it didn't work which wasnt a surprise car looked like it hadn't been driven in 15-20 years so I pulled the motor off my broken piece put it on the junk Yard part installed it and the only issue I'm having is that the wipers don't return to the off position when you turn the multifunction switch off and also the delay feature doesn't work just runs them on low speed when switched on but high speed works I don't seem to rember that being an issue a few months ago before I broke the old one anyone know why that would happen or how I could possibly fix this it's not a major thing for now as I can just time it for when to turn them off but eventually I'd like them to work correctly my car is a 90 SC 5sp donor car was a 89lx 3.8 auto both cars had 2 electrical plugs on the motor and I made sure both where connected and the motor itself is the same motor being I switched the motors out thanks in advance

FurryWrecker911

SCCoA Member
So I replaced my windshield wiper transmission because I broke the old one a while back well I finally found a 89 tbird lx in a salvage yard so I got the transmission from it and before I installed it I checked the wiper motor found out it didn't work which wasnt a surprise car looked like it hadn't been driven in 15-20 years so I pulled the motor off my broken piece put it on the junk Yard part installed it and the only issue I'm having is that the wipers don't return to the off position when you turn the multifunction switch off and also the delay feature doesn't work just runs them on low speed when switched on but high speed works I don't seem to rember that being an issue a few months ago before I broke the old one anyone know why that would happen or how I could possibly fix this it's not a major thing for now as I can just time it for when to turn them off but eventually I'd like them to work correctly my car is a 90 SC 5sp donor car was a 89lx 3.8 auto both cars had 2 electrical plugs on the motor and I made sure both where connected and the motor itself is the same motor being I switched the motors out thanks in advance
When I was shopping for a replacement wiper motor for my 89 I saw there were cheaper motors you could get that didn't come with the intermittence functionality. Sounds like you got unlucky and snagged one of those from the junkyard car. It not returning to the stowed position while shut off must be a bonus feature.

35th

Can't be that because the motor from the junk Yard didn't work so I took the motor off my broken wiper transmission and put it on the junk Yard wiper transmission