Wiper motor reinstall

gbabione

I took my wiper motor tray out a few years ago and forget how to get it in. Do i need to remove the plenum to get it back in?

I took my wiper motor tray out a few years ago and forget how to get it in. Do i need to remove the plenum to get it back in?
Nope. I just took my whole lower tray out on Saturday. Installation is in reverse order. It's just a ton of gentle shimmying back and forth making sure the wiper transmission clears under the windshield first, then massaging the motor and connectors under, then once it's in place you can gently press the vac and washer lines undermeath it.

He's right I just did the same on mine a week or so ago and it's tricky just take your time move slow as to not break anything (like I did when I removed it to repair my teves unit) what I found was if you lift the front portion up (the edge nearest the hood) and slide the back portion in all the while shifting the whole tray towards the center of the car it'll start to drop in but the wiper motor hits the air charge sensor so at that point work the entire tray back towards the driver's side and eventually after enough cuss words I got mine to go in just also be cautious of the tabs that stick down by the windshield they bend really easy and you need them of course to mount the tray to... Also make sure all the little body clip nut things are on those tabs... I plugged in my wiper motor before I got it in place cause it's as you know very tight back there

Thanks for the help. I did manage to get it in. I had to disconnect a couple vacuum lines so the ends wouldn't get damaged. I did find a couple hard lines melted. A hard one from one tree to the other and a real small hard one going down with wiring by right fender. I'll have to splice the small one and replace the other. Any idea on sizes? The larger one looks like it is expanded at the ends to fit. I'll probably go with one size the whole length.

Not sure of the sizes but the one I think your referring to going down by the wiring on the passenger side fender would go to the vacuum ball

Back