WOW!

• Thread starter Distinguished Dat2k1
  • Start date
D

Distinguished Dat2k1

WOW!

This will my first winter with my SC and I just wanted to say something.........

SUPER COUPES SUCK IN SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: WOW!

the only way i would even attempt to drive these cars in the snow would be to put on 4 brand new blizzacks from bridgestone or else it is suiside.

Get Wheels & learn how to drive

I've driven my SC since 91 in ALL types of winter driving.
Get yourself some NARROW winter wheels and tires.
Deep snow, ice what ever, the SC is heavy, has a low center of gravity, and can be promoted to slip at will using the right foot. I much prefer it to front wheel drive in snow, and have past many a 4wd off the road enroute to ski hills
Cheeers

Re: Get Wheels & learn how to drive

This isn't my first winter with a car, I know how do drive in the snow and I was simply stating that SC's suck in snow. That doesn't mean I don't know how to drive in snow now does it.

Re: Get Wheels & learn how to drive

No one said you didn't know how to drive in the snow, so chill..lol. They were merely making suggestions to improve the winter handling.

Ground Clearance

The biggest difficulty we have is lack of ground clearance.
Later

Re: Ground Clearance

That's why I have a winter car this year. I bought snows last year that did nothing for me. The car is too low stock.

too low stock ? Ha , you wimp :) I've been driving my 95 with Eibachs in it for the 3rd winter now, good H-rated performance winter tires on the stock wheels. Guess it depends on how deep the snow is, but going from Mississauga to Bolton I've been OK so far. My car is a 5-spd, so I think that makes it a bit better as well, I can start of in 2nd gear, or shift up from 1st to 2nd at 1100 rpm and just lug it to keep from spinning the tires.

cheers

Ed N.

My 90 Cougar LX runs way beter in the snow then my 90 XR7 does. It sucks. I get stuck in seconds. Also I fish tail a little bit more then the LX aswell. I have 200 pounds in the back. But didn't do much. It stopped the fish tailing a little bit better. I will be buying a front wheel drive car for sure.

Back